Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's It's Not, Unfortunately

A few things I would like to be able to say were April Fool's jokes this year:

1) We had snow today. Not a foot or more, like they had northwest of here, but snow, nonetheless. Yesterday we had rain and a short thunderstorm complete with hail. 

2) I got up at 5am and didn't go back to sleep all day. I do not know how Christopher does that on a daily basis.

3) After six months, Minnesota still doesn't have a second Senator, and it looks like a new court challenge could take at least a couple more months to decide.

4) The origin of April Fool's Day is pretty much unknown, but according to Wikipedia it could have 5 or more different starting points. Hmmm... Anyone else sense a prank?

5) The TV show "Bridget's Sexiest Beaches" starring Bridget Marquardt - one of the Playboy Playmates from VH1's "The Girls Next Door" - is actually a pretty good show. She's surprisingly funny and interesting, or at least has been on the couple of episodes I've seen. (Like I said, this is one of the things that I wish I could blame on this being April 1st.)

That's probably enough delving into my sleep-deprived psyche. No foolin'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...at all your points.

Laura said...

My elder daughter, 3 1/2, was "attacked" by a rooster on April Fool's. Attacked in quotes because yes she was truly attacked, while with my sister (they always go to visit the neighbor's chickens while visiting my mom, but apparently no one considered that the roosters are in rut right now and don't take kindly to kids coming into their pens), but I would hate for you to think she got hurt in any way because she did not.

But anyway I am the worst April Fool's prankster ever because I cannot lie to save my life. I would be the worst poker player EVER. However, since she really WAS attacked by a rooster and since it was over the phone where he could not see my face, I actually pulled off convincing my husband that we had had to shave her head because the rooster bit several clumps out of her hair.

His first shell-shocked comment? "Please tell me we had not yet paid for her hair cut."

Now you would have to know me IRL to understand how proud I was of pulling this off. I laughed about it for days.