Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's My... Wait... What IS It?

Today, August 25th, 2009, marks one full year of me blogging. Which means it's my...

Blogiversary...?

Or maybe it's my Anniblogsery...?

My First Blogthday...?

Yeah. Really. No clue what to call it. Not that it really needs a name. After all, it just means that, for the past 365 days, I've been prattling on about things going on in my life -- and you folks have been nice enough to check in and read it.

Heck. A few of you have even been nice enough to take the time to comment.

Over the next few days, I plan to share some of my top moments from the past 12 blonths. (hmmm... that's just not a pretty word, is it?) I'm going to revisit some of the things I've written about, comment on some of your comments, and see if I can make sense of any of it. All while working my newly-full-time job and trying to have a non-web-based life. We'll see how I do...

In the meantime, as kind of a starter, I thought you might like to see one of my favorite statistical finds of the past year. You know how there's that map in the left-hand column? Well... I only added that a couple of months ago. When I first started my blog, I put the counter on it (you can see that down at the bottom of the page).

Over the past 245 postings (wow... that's more than I thought!), I've had over 3,000 visitors. Now, granted, those are simply each time someone stops by, so it's not over 3,000 different people, but I still think it's kind of cool.

And, even more fun, here is the generalized breakdown of where people were located when they logged in (no, I'm not sure why this only adds up to about 2,200):

United States1848 (83.66%)
Unknown316 (14.31%)
United Kingdom11 (0.50%)
Canada8 (0.36%)
Australia7 (0.32%)
France4 (0.18%)
India3 (0.14%)
Ireland2 (0.09%)
Japan2 (0.09%)
Bulgaria2 (0.09%)
New Zealand2 (0.09%)
Viet Nam1 (0.05%)
Trinidad and Tobago1 (0.05%)
Thailand1 (0.05%)

Russian Federation1 (0.05%)


Like I said, it's nowhere near record-breaking, but I think it's cool that people from Ireland, Thailand, and Australia have stumbled across my randomness. (Now if I could only get them to return -- and comment!)

And now I have to go read through almost 250 posts to figure out what else to say over the next few days. After all, how do you celebrate the start of a second year?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniblogsery!!