Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week-end Wrap-up

(Okay... I don't know about you, but if you're anything like me you probably read the title easily enough, but then went "Wait. Shouldn't that be pronounced /week-end wap-up/?")

Not sure what you've been up to this week-end, but here's some details on mine:

- I have just caused Christopher to threaten to move me to a different house. How did I do that? I baked what are either: a) my first six dozen Christmas cookies of 2009; or b) my last six dozen of 2008. Why did I do that? Because my boss is taking the office out for the 2008 Christmas party this Tuesday, after apparently not having one last year, and --consequently -- it seemed like we ought to have Christmas cookies in the office. (On the plus side, realizing the party is 8 months late does make me feel a little better that it's taking so long to hear from him about my job.)

- Christopher and I played host to a miniature Schnauzer for about 3 days -- from Thursday evening until this afternoon. This was Fred (we know his "parents" and Fred has been here, before), and we had a very nice time. Lots of hunkering down on the couch, balanced with running around in the backyard playing fetch.

- Our across-the-street neighbor did not have an overly-successful garage sale. To make things more fun for us (yes. that's meant to be very sarcastic), much of what he didn't sell is now sitting in the boulevard, half-buried by the overgrown grass. He's done this before, hoping to have people pick things up for free. Here's the problem with this, this week: He's got upholstered furniture out there, and it has rained. Ain't nobody gonna pick that up. And I don't think the grass is ever going to be tall enough to hide it all.

- Speaking of growing things... We picked our first red chili pepper this weekend. It was -- as Christopher commented -- kind of anaemic/anemic. But it was the first one to turn red, and that was exciting enough for me to comment on it, here. The plants have a ton of green peppers on the way, so this fall/winter should have plenty of peppers for good amounts of lemon chicken and others of Christopher's hot-and-spicy specialties.

- Katie and Kris are just days away from the Breast Cancer 3-Day. They sent out info on "Cheering Stations" today. If you want to know where they are, let me know and I'll post that info.

- I found out a couple of days ago that another friend of mine is blogging. For those of you who know some of my college friends, you can find Lori's blog "Life in the Limelight," here.

And... Well... I think that's most of my weekend. Exciting, no?

No comments: